But then comes along…
- I’ve had a rough week and change.
- That last big storm we’d had shot down a lightning bolt into my ‘back-yard’ and knocked out my internet.
- For FOUR DAYS!
- (Thanks so Much for THAT, Zeus)
- It tried to gasp itself back to life. I was powerless to help. No CPR for Internets, I suppose.
- Was damn near out of booze.
- Got behind the wheel of my little Chariot.
- Turned the ignition: ‘Click, Click. Fucking Click!’
- I did NOT need this!
- Early Next A.M.
- Called Hoover’s Automotive Repair—Told them I was sending them a ‘Project‘
- Then I called Benson Brothers, Legendary Towing Service.
- Next day Hoover-Man Delivered My ‘Labomba. He drove us back to Hoover’s so that I could ‘Settle Up’—Six hundred Bucks!
- By this point I was suffering Delirium Tremens—Shaking so bad, I could barely Barely. But I had to get some alcohol in me, with extreme ‘pred-a-juice’ or I would surely die.
- It was a race-against-the-clock.
- Got to my beer/wine/Copenhagen Store. My Man knew what I wanted (I always purchase the same items—he loaded them to my vehicle)
- Made it home. Now shaking uncontrollably. No way I was going to be able to unload my purchases.
- Happily (and luckily), I saw Cynthia sitting around a table with some friends of hers. Saw me & greeted Me, “Hey Baby, How Y’all doin?”
- I replied, “Not so good. Will you help me?”
- She walked over and asked, “What’s up?”
- I cannot unload this stuff.
- She said, “Don’t worry. You go on in and I’ll bring it to you. Can you make it into your house?”
- “I think so,” I replied.
- I was wrong.
- I could not make it up the only step up to my porch.
- One of Cynthia’s friends rushed over to help me and to my front door.
- I tried to get the key into the door knob—No dice—He took my key and unlocked the door.
- I shook over to my bed an fell half-way into it.
- Cynthia arrived with my ‘items’. I apologized for the state of my room, trying to explain that I had been in so much pain, that I could only manage a little bit of house-keeping at a time.
- She said, “I’ll clean it for you on Tuesday.”
Words failed me.
Wonderful , kind, generous woman.
I found my tongue, but ”Thank you,” Was best I could muster
Out of All The Women I Have Known,
I Can Count On-One-Hand
The VERY FEW
Whoever Let Me Down….
I won’t be naming names
But on that flip side, I don’t have enough fingers and toes to add up all the women I have let down
My Nekke Bone Still Fukked!
Lance is a Chaucerian Fraud
(This ain’t no secret)
I’ve had some ‘Bad Days’
“At Black Rock”
(For Film Buffs Only—Most likely)
I ripped this off because it is loosely related to this post.
I wrote a ‘scholarly’ paper on it and did a ‘Presentation’ too.
Complete with videos.
Guess my propensity to drop in vids started early.
Oh, and BTW, I got an ‘A’ for my effort.
I did not have the heart to inform My Professor—Head of the English Department–that I wrote it drunk, in 45 mins, since he was so proud of me…
A excellent epic tale written my friend. My wife like to remind me. I was a dog once. But those were good days. When we are young. Good to test life.